Cafe Racer Seat may look cool, but it's a pain in the butt!

As much as I love my new Cafe Racer Seat, I can't stand how uncomfortable it is! The upholstery shop put in some sort of foam padding that really doesn't do anything other than fill up the void. I tried to put up with it for the sake of it looking good. But I found that my butt and the rest of my body was beat up after 20 miles of riding.

So here's what I did, I went to Harbor Freight and got a pack of these anti- fatigue foam floor mats. It was on sale for $9.99.
Then I took out the old foam from my cafe racer seat and traced the shape onto the anti-fatigue foam. I had to cut out two pieces since the gray foam is only 1/2" and the cafe racer seat foam was 1"

 After cutting it, I stuffed it all back into the upholstery to test it out. WOW! What a world of a difference! My butt doesn't get that stinging feeling when sitting down on my cafe racer seat. 
The new foam takes up a the void in the upholstery. It's funny how stiff it looks. However, my butt assures you that this is 100 times better than before! 

 


Comments