Plasti Dip: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

I'm a big fan of this stuff because you can dramatically change the appearance of your motorcycle without having to spend too much money.

Check out what I did to the Harley Davidson Sportster 1200. Below is a BEFORE photo. What you don't see are all the scratches on the tins. The tank had some deep gouges in it. Not sure what the previous owner was doing but it was noticeable. Besides I wasn't a fan of the color.
So I headed over to Home Depot and gathered 3 cans of Plasti Dip and some blue painters tape. All in all about $23 total. 


I removed all the tins and cleaned them up with a degreaser.

Below is the first 2 coats. I made sure I waited at least 30 minutes per coat. 


After 6 coats of Plasti Dip, voila! 
 

Not bad right? The black certainly makes the chrome pop and it looks more "legit" in my eyes. Many have complimented on how great the bike looks. By the way, I did look into getting the tins powder coated, but the shop quoted me nearly $450 to get it done. I figured this was a cheaper alternative.



Comments