Is a 200cc motor big enough?

It all depends on how you look at it. In terms of power and speed, no the Honda CM200 Twinstar is slow. It's not all that quick and if you try to get on the freeway with it, the experience can be terrifying. However, if you're doing city riding like I do, then it's perfect!

200cc is plenty enough to keep up with the flow of traffic and it allows you the extra power to over pass a car when needed. Like I said, it's fine for city riding where you rarely go over 60mph. I typically use mine to run small errands like going to the bank, store or meeting people for lunch or Starbucks.

Don't get me wrong, this little motorcycle has the capability to go for miles and miles. In one day I rode over 150 miles from Orange County to LA County...twice! I started off in Fullerton, rode to Orange (my old office), then went to El Monte. Then had to ride back to Orange, then to Santa Ana and from there, rode back up to El Monte. I finished my day off by riding back to Fullerton.

I did that all on side street and it was pretty rough. It was in the middle of July where the heat was pretty high and I had to carry a heavy laptop and my jacket in my backpack, so the strain of the load on my shoulders made it hurt, to top it all off, I was dehydrated from riding under the sun for all those hours. Oh and I smelled like sweat and exhaust the whole day. Did I mention it was humid...miserable day over all. But I do have say, I was happy that I was on my motorcycle and not stuck in the office.

Going back to the question above, is 200cc big enough? Sure it is. It's just right for me and the type of riding I do. I think any bigger, it would be a waste of money.

Comments